Saturday, May 28, 2005

What is Feminism Today?

My faith in women is restored, somewhat. Reading through on of my favorite blogs I came across the notion that there are two types of feminists today.

The "gender feminist" is what we are all familiar with. This is the man-hating breed.

I was astonished to discover that there are other types of feminists that have broken away from the bitter, spiteful sisterhood of man-hate. iFeminists and Independent Women's Forum represent a huge body of women that feel differently about what feminism stands for. I applaud you for your efforts and hope to hear more of the same.

I have learned to fear women and was fighting a losing battle towards misogyny until I ran across this. If I hear more from these types of women I may actually develop the confidence to date again.

2 Comments:

Blogger MRSX said...

I DONT THINK THEY HATE MEN. I THINK THE EXTREMISTS ARE MEN THAT WAX THEIR FACES. :)

SOME OF US WOMEN MAY BE BITTER ABOUT ONE MAN BUT WE KNOW THE MAJORITY OF YOU ARE SOOOOO WORTH IT.

~JENN

5/30/2005 09:35:00 PM  
Blogger One man said...

worth it?

5/31/2005 12:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Main