Thursday, June 30, 2005

It's OK in the FU-WA to hide the kid from his dad!

A woman who fled to New Zealand with her child, to hide the kid from dad, and stayed there for three years, is sentenced to a whopping six months in jail. She will spend three months more, then be out, and probably have custody.

For three years, the loving dad was unable to see the kiddy-kins, most likely suffered from not knowing the kids whereabouts or the status of the child's health and well being, yet, even though that time is gone and irreplaceable, the woman only serves six months.

How many guys have been in prison that long, or longer for not paying support? And support is remediable, the money can be paid back, and all can be made whole.

Having your kid stolen, and not seeing the child for three years, is not remediable, and there will be forever a hole in both their lives.

The story says, RIP, "She was sentenced by Kitsap County Superior Court Judge M. Karlynn Haberly". Hmmmm, yathinks that Judge Karlynn is a woman, giving another woman a big pass?

Geezer does.

2 Comments:

Blogger One man said...

In my experience, and I know this may come as a surprise, women make better judges. Of all the judges and commissioners I have been in front of, it was the men that discriminated. The women have been able to see through the BS while the men remain blindly 'chivalrous.' I know there are many bias women judges, for example, Mary Kay Letourneau's judge, what was her name again? Oh ya, Linda Lau. She has a reputation for going much easier on women than men. I won't be sure about sexism in female judges until we have more data, but I'd rather take my chances with a woman. It seems like most men are idiots and judges are no exception.

6/30/2005 10:09:00 AM  
Blogger Tom Swanson said...

I think I would agree with your preliminary assesment. The only judge that saw through the pack of lies from my ex-wife was Judge Tollefson, who was the only one to award me custody.
Of course, I lost the next hearing to a male judge and the rest as they say, is history. . .

6/30/2005 11:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Main