Friday, September 23, 2005

T is for Today

Today - I called my state senator and representatives.

Tomorrow - I am contacting my US Senators and Representatives.

And I am going to get in their faces, and let them know what is going on, this week, and next week and the week after.

I will ask them what is the best way to influence them in the matter of 'Men's Rights'.

I will ask them how we can level the playing field for men again.

I will make sure that they see the statistics that we all are living with every day.

I will tell them my story. My story because it shows them how real people are affected.

And I am going to keep on telling my story, and the stories of other men, suffering at the hands of the system.

Because I have no recourse to the courts, because there is no justice left in the system, and my only hope of anything less than slavery is the legislature. They did this to us, they can undo it.

What about you? Click the links above, and pick up the phone. Your lawyers aren't doing you that much good that you can ignore the people who made the laws that you are dealing with. I think we need to GET INVOLVED, SPEAK UP, and ACT OUT.

TODAY.

-M

Simulposted on MIsForMalevolent

3 Comments:

Blogger One man said...

People don't believe us until it happens to them or someone they care about. Most of those are too lazy or stupid to even look out for thier own interest let alone trying to help others. Most of the ones that do actualy do something do little more than write emails to closed groups asking for help and offering nothing. Even fewer offer advice to those asking for help, accomplishing next to nothing. The very few that are left are great people. But there are not enough of us to get much done.

Everyone seems to think that someone will come and save them.

Fools.

9/23/2005 10:34:00 AM  
Blogger MisAnDrope said...

Or they think the system works, until it doesn't. The people in the legislator's offices I spoke to today were sympathetic, but I think they are looking for some little tweak of a bill to fix some nuance of my situation, when we need a much bigger tweak - something that recognises mens rights as an issue, and equal rights for men as a requirement.

-M

9/23/2005 12:10:00 PM  
Blogger The Geezer said...

Preachin' to the choir, boyz.

I am currently trying to stir up interest in the Child Support Workgroup in the FU-WA. (feminist utopia of WA).

If not for a caller to Tom Leykis last Monday, we wouldn't have gotten the 150 folks to the public hearing. Now, to capture that energy, and apply it in the Statehouse is what needs to happen, but interest in email groups, while the particular man's problem is "active" is about as much as you can get. After the problem is "solved" or less intense, getting fellows to write, call, work on campaigns, and lobby during the session is tough.

When you find the magic bullet, let me know. I do what I can, and am driving four hours on Monday to make the next meeting in Kennewick.

The good news is that at least one at that hearing mentioned, in response to Chris Wickham's, (Superior Court Judge in Thurston County --the gas tax judge) suggestion that "we need to get them in here (court)" was that we don't WANT to go to court, we don't WANT to deal with the bureaucracy, because we always get screwed. He also mentioned that "Judge Wickham, you have quite a reputation on the internet".

Gotta love that boy. Wickham didn't appear to get it.

The Geezer

9/23/2005 01:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Main